If you love the look of the traditional Scandinavian spa, you are not alone!
This natural-looking, minimalist design has become a popular choice for bathroom remodeling over the last year, topping the request list heading into 2022.
The great news is that it is not hard to get this clean, simple, and soothing look in your bathroom working with an experienced bathroom redesign company.
Even if you don’t want every last inch of your space covered in aromatic cedar or clear pine, it is possible to take hints from minimalist Scandinavian design to create your own personal bathroom spa!
- Wood and White - The two main colors on the Scandinavian Spa palette are the lighter shades of natural wood like pine, beech, ash, some cedar, and white. Plan with your bathroom remodeler to create a design that incorporates the best of both colors in a warm, inviting space.
- Simple, Straight Lines - Straight, minimalist cabinetry and counters are right out of the textbook of Scandinavian furniture style and look great in spa-like bathrooms.
- Large Tile and Hardwoods - Continuing on with the white and wood design, hardwood floors combine well with large white or pale gray tile used throughout the rest of the bathroom. For a more rustic look in bathroom remodeling, go with natural paneling on some of the walls.
- Soaking Tubs - A beautiful, white porcelain pedestal soaking tub is the perfect addition to any Scandinavian style bathroom redesign.
- Walk-In Spa Showers - Large, walk-in showers with glass doors and wooden accents like seats and shelves are yet another staple of a classic-looking Scandinavian spa-type bathroom makeover to go with that pristine white soaking tub.
- Natural, Warm Elements for Hygge Comfort - Beyond the permanent fixtures in white and wood, have your bathroom remodeler add some more warmth with natural elements like wood-framed mirrors, tree branch decorations, wooden shelving, and seating, prints in natural frames, plants and floral elements, candles, and other bits of nature to create a soothing, inviting space.
- Add A Sauna - Last of all, if you have the space, add an actual sauna space into your bathroom remodeling. A traditional part of every Scandinavian Spa, saunas are easy for your bathroom remodeling service to include in your makeover plan, adding that final touch for gaining the comforts and benefits of your own personal sauna.
Scandinavian-style sauna bathrooms are a beautiful way to turn any plain bathroom into the personal spa of your dreams.
Let a skilled bathroom remodeling company help you plan it all out, then create an appealing bathroom spa that will make every day feel like you’ve run away to a cozy vacation lodge!